Car filters: Their types and purpose
A lot of equipment (both large and small) is required to operate a car. Even small devices like car filters affect different machine systems' functions.
What are automotive filters used for?
Automotive filters are specialized pieces of equipment designed to protect the machine's systems from foreign particles. This is the most important component for the normal functioning of each car. It protects central components from blockage and breakages.
Types of filters in your car
Each vehicle is equipped with several car filters. All of them are installed in different areas and carry out individual functions. Cars have the following sets of engine filters:
- The automatic gearbox filter clears the oil of impurities from foreign particles.
- The air filter is the most important device of its segment. It quickly cleans the air that enters the engine, minimizing the likelihood of contamination and breakdown of the motor.
- The oil filter is the second most important device in its segment. It's installed and changed together with automobile oil. Its main function is to quickly filter out oily deposits and metallic dust produced when the engine is running. The motor durability is directly related to the correct functioning and timely replacement of the oil filter.
- The dehumidifier allows you to control the purity of air flow, which releases the air dryer.
- The cabin filter is designed to clean the air in the car's interior. It absorbs dust deposits and other impurities that can damage the health of the driver.
- The fuel filter maintains full and productive operation of the car, screening out foreign particles and harmful impurities that are present in the automotive fuel.
In order for the car's systems to function properly, it's necessary to change these elements in a timely manner. The cleanliness of the filter directly affects the performance of all of the central elements of the vehicle. Untimely replacement of the filtering device can lead to the breakdown of the engine and other major components of the car.
Automotive filters also have a second classification. By their design, they are suitable for the following types of vehicles:
How should you choose a car filter?
Choosing an automotive filter is an important task for every driver. The durability of the working capacity of a car directly depends on its quality. Experienced drivers who have repeatedly used products from GREAT LAKES LUBRICANTS' online store advise choosing car filters from reputed brands that have proven themselves to customers, such as:
Check to ensure that the car filters are perfectly matched to the model of the motor in your car. Also, carefully study the technical characteristics to find the best options we offer.